My name is Micah Wandell. I am eighteen
years old, and a freshman attending Blinn college. I was born in Humble, Texas,
however when I was two I moved to Magnolia, Texas on a sixteen acre plot. I
have three older brothers and a twin sister who is younger than me. Things I
like to do are camping, backpacking, canoeing, rock climbing, and lots of stuff
that has to do with the outdoors. When I was seven I joined a Cub Scout Pack. I
started in Tiger Cubs where I worked through the ranks, and earned my Arrow Of
Light; from there I started my Boy Scouting career. Boy Scouts was a lot better
than Cub Scouts because you were not doing arts and crafts all the time. Boy
Scouts are about teaching you how to live in the outdoors and learning skills
you could use later in life. I have earned a total of 43 merit badges, two
Eagle Palms, and my Eagle Scout Award (Eagle Scout is the highest rank in Boy
Scout). Boy Scouts have been a big
part of my life and I could never think to live without it.
I
have done many thing in my life like this past summer I backpacked in New Mexico
at a Boy Scout Ranch called Philmont Scout Ranch. I did a program there called
Rayado were I spent twenty one days backpacking and hiking over one hundred and
eighty miles in the mountains of Philmont. In 2012 I spent a week at Florida Sea
Base (Florida Sea Base is another big Boy Scout Camp) where I scuba dived in
the Florida Keys. There I got to swim with sea turtles, Barracuda, nurse shark,
stingray, squid, and lots more. I would name them
all, but that could take a while. I have attended many Boy Scout summer camps
that have taught me many life skills.
Wow, my dad actually grew up in Humble and two of my aunts currently live there now. My dad now lives in magnolia with my step-mom and step-brothers who attend Magnolia high school (what a small world) and that's awesome that you have experienced so much with something you love to do!
ReplyDelete