Monday, October 6, 2014

Rough Draft

Stanley Kubrick Full Metal Jacket (1987) it is an action packed movie. It follows the life of a solder during his tour of the Vietnam War. I like war movies because my grandfather was in the Pacific Theater of World War 2, and I like to hear about all of his stories as a bombardier in the Pacific.
Matthew Modine(Who played Pvt. J.T. Davis or Joker was his nick name) he also played in The Dark Night, Transporter 2, and Vision Quest.

Roger Ebert Chicago Sun-Times
In his written reviews he says "Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket is more like a book of short stories than a novel. I like it as a short story, and I would not like to see them walking from place to place because it would get rely long and boring. By make it in to a lot more snippets they were able to include a lot more.
The opening passages of "Full Metal Jacket" promise much more than the film finally is able to deliver. I disagree with that, because I thought it was a great movie with a great. War is horrific. The innocent get drawn into it in order to survive but often they don't.

Kubrick seems to want to tell us the story of individual characters, to show how the war affected them, but it has been so long since he allowed spontaneous human nature into his films that he no longer knows how. I really disagree with him, I think Kubrick did a phenomenal job letting you get to know the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment