Sunday, October 12, 2014

            Finding your self is saying it is all about yourself and losing yourself is about the greater good. In David Brooks article he says, "As Atul Gawande mentioned during his countercultural address last week at Harvard Medical School, being a good doctor often means being part of a team, following the rules of an institution, going down a regimented checklist." I think losing yourself is more important than finding yourself. For example, finding something you are good at to help other people in need would be self satisfying.


            I admire them because of  the challenges that they had to go through to get to where they are. I agree with Brooks statement, "It’s excellence, not happiness, that we admire most." I admire my brother Zach because he took 18 hours in college and worked a full time job to help pay his way through college. He is always striving to know more. He graduated in the top of his class at Texas A&M. He enjoys teaching me new things at every opportunity. Zach works hard to be the best he can be and strives to help others. It is my desire to do my best in school and to be successful in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment